Why write a check? Pay your Sacramento County Consolidated Utility bills automatically with Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Through the EFT program, your bill payment is deducted automatically from your checking or savings account:
Saves You Time – no more checks to write or envelopes to stuff
Saves You Money – no stamps means no postage costs or gas to drop your payment off in person
Cutting Stress – no more worries about late payments or late fees
Improving Security – electronic accounting documents your payments
To signup and start making payments through EFT, log into
My Utilities. Select "My Profile" from the menu bar, then select "Auto Pay".
How does it work?
- You will still receive your regular utility bill, but it will be paid out of the checking or savings account you designate. Payments will be processed on or about your due date (if not on your due date, within 1 to 2 days before or after).
- Please continue paying your utility bill until you receive your confirmation e-mail stating that you are now on Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Proof of payment appears on your bank statement and on your next billing statement, so you will know how much you paid.
Want to stop EFT?
- Simple. Just call the Consolidated Utilities Billing & Service (916) 875-5555 and ask one of our representatives to cancel your Electronic Funds Transfer payments or
log into My Utilities. Select "My Profile" from the menu bar, then select "Manage Bank Account". Note: EFT recurring payments post to utility accounts by 6:00 am on the Friday prior to the due date. If an EFT stop is requested after this time, the posting of the current payment cannot be stopped.
- Funds may not be drafted from a Credit Card or ATM Card.