Rate Assistance

The Sacramento County Department of Waste Management and Recycling offers a $10.00 per month rate assistance credit and the Sacramento County Water Agency offers a $7.00 per month rate assistance credit on the utility bill for qualifying customers.  If you receive both utility services from Sacramento County, you could receive rate assistance of up to $204.00 a year beginning.  To qualify for these rate assistance programs, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Receive the utility service from Sacramento County
  • Live at the address for which the rate assistance is being requested
  • Be currently enrolled in the SMUD Energy Assistance Program Rate (EAPR)
  • If you are applying for the Water rate assistance, you must also own the home    

You may also qualify for up to $175.00 a year through the Sewer Lifeline Rate Assistance Program.  If you qualify for the Department of Waste Management and Recycling and/or the Sacramento Water Agency Lifeline Rate Assistance Programs, you will automatically be enrolled in the Sewer Lifeline Rate Assistance Program. Visit the Rate Assistance Program web page for more information

Only one rebate per household!

You must provide re-verification documentation of current enrollment in the SMUD EAPR upon request for continued participation in the Sacramento County program.

You must notify Sacramento County if you no longer qualify for the EAPR program. 

Sacramento County may, at its discretion, suspend or discontinue the program at any time.

Please fill out the application, check all the boxes that apply, make sure to sign it, and return it to us at the address listed below, or by e-mail. Rate Assistance​ Application​ 

Remember to attach a copy of your Sacramento County refuse and/or water bill, as well as a copy of your SMUD bill showing enrollment in their EAPR program.

By US Mail
Consolidated Utilities Billing and Service
Rate Assistance Program
9700 Goethe Rd., Suite C
Sacramento, CA  95827-3500

By Email: utilities@saccounty.net

Be sure to include the following:

  • Most recent consolidated utility bill showing refuse and/or water
  • A copy of your SMUD electric bill showing EAPR rebate